February 5, 2012

Walking on the Ice of Prior Lake


Walking on the Ice of Prior Lake

Todd Swank's Diary Update for February 5, 2012


I walked out of Nor-Tech for lunch on Tuesday and discovered this strange little goose near my car.  I've never seen one with a yellow scarf like this one was wearing.  I've never really understood Goose Fashion, but if this works for him, then I guess he should just go with it.

On Thursday, I went to lunch with our good friend, John Bornholdt, who happens to be Nor-Tech's Seagate rep.  For those of you who are fans of the stock market, you may know that Seagate's stock price has more than doubled in the past couple of months!  I tried to get John to reveal his secrets of success to me, but he was holding them pretty close to his vest.


We had a pretty mellow weekend planned, so the boys and I decided to take Sunny for a walk out on the lake since it was 40 degrees and the sun was shining.

  
Our general rule for walking on the ice is that if we see trucks driving on it, then it's probably safe for us to walk on it.  But then when I came home after our walk, I saw a headline that said 2 vehicles had fallen through nearby Lake Minnetonka in the past week, so maybe our rule needs to be reviewed.


Sunny doesn't worry about falling through the ice.  Just throw him the dang ball and he's happy.


We did see a couple of Bald Eagles while we were out on the ice which was very cool,  but I didn't have very good luck getting them on video.


Luke thinks he looks like his father, but he has quite a ways to go before he looks as good as me.




This one is a little better, but still needs work.




Miss Sheri has pretty much avoided us lately.  She's been spending a lot of her time lately at the Tile Shop dreaming of a life with a better house and a better family.  I do agree that the tile looks nice, though.


1 comment:

  1. Doing some remodeling? I would rather move!!! Cool pics of the water walking....I always knew someone of a higher power could do that, just not in my deck of cards. Pics of the son acting like dad...priceless.

    ReplyDelete